For travelers who are looking for something outside of the ordinary, discover The Westgate Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown San Diego at the edge of the historic Gaslamp Quarter, The Westgate is within walking distance from several local attractions and only a short drive from the beach.
But beyond its central location, The Westgate is also the hotel of choice for those looking for an elevated experience. Designed after the Palace of Versailles, The Westgate offers European elegance with a modern Californian warmth. From the moment you’re welcomed through the hotel’s golden doorway, luxury can be found at every touchpoint.
Want to learn more? Keep reading for the top five ways The Westgate offers a luxury experience in downtown San Diego.
1) Elegant, Spacious Rooms & VIP Amenities
Floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the San Diego skyline and the Bay, French Richleau furnishings and imported wool carpets, and unmatched spaciousness all combine to offer an elegant and comfortable sanctuary in the heart of downtown.
Alongside the luxury of space and setting, leave a lasting impression for yourself and your guests with in-room VIP amenities. From wine and cheese pairings to freshly prepared truffles and sparkling lemonade, request an in-room VIP amenity that will ensure your stay is suited to your exact tastes.
2) State-of-the-Art, Full-service Spa
Elevated spa days are never far away when you stay at The Westgate. Located adjacent to the main lobby, AquaVie Spa is The Westgate’s full-service luxury day spa designed to envelope guests in transformative relaxation and rejuvenation. With the finest results-driven skin care, massages, and body treatments offered, services at AquaVie Spa will nourish, purify, and restore balance to body and mind.
3) Fine Dining at Your Front Door
At The Westgate, Executive Chef Fabrice Hardel leads an extraordinary team of culinary professionals across multiple exciting and inviting dining outlets across the hotel.
- The Westgate Room combines the storied and stylish warmth of a neighborhood bistro with an innovative and sustainable menu. Fresh ingredients and personal service make every meal feel like the best kind of homecoming.
- Offering an al fresco twist on the Westgate Room’s curated menu, the Veranda is The Westgate’s sumptuous patio dining option. Soak up the California sunshine alongside our warm hospitality and freshly prepared meals.
- The classiest compliment to a night out on the town or an evening staying in, Plaza Bar presents an exciting line-up of small bites and a host of handcrafted cocktails. A vintage marble bar and club chairs make it a perfect place to start a luxurious evening or end a night to remember. Plus, the perfect accompaniment to classic cocktail service and chic vintage interiors, enjoy the best in local talent performing live each weekend. An experience outside of any ordinary stay, a night in at The Westgate is an adventure all on its own.
4) An Invitation to Afternoon Tea
Nothing says elegance like an afternoon at High Tea. Complete with petite tea sandwiches, delicately indulgent pastries, and premium freshly brewed teas, The Westgate’s signature tea service is precise, decadent, and a unique luxury not often found in American hospitality.
Take it all in from the center of The Westgate’s Grand Lobby, where museum-quality art and lush decor will make your afternoon feel fit for royalty.
5) A Tradition of Service that Goes Above & Beyond
From the first welcome to the final farewell, what really sets the standard for your stay at The Westgate is the level of service that acts as our mission statement. An independent hotel since our opening, our staff members are well-tenured and infuse warmth and reliability into every Westgate experience.
At The Westgate, luxury isn’t only seen in the quality of accommodations and amenities. It’s a feeling that lingers long after your stay ends, inspired by the people who make this luxurious experience one that feels truly personal.