In an effort to maintain our high level of quality and service and a desire to demonstrate our commitment to caring for the earth, The Westgate Hotel is pleased to share with you our Green Initiatives.
- More than 90% of the in-room TVs are ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Air Conditioning system (four pipe system with fan coils) in guest rooms and public areas are energy efficient and ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Energy efficient light bulbs such as, Light Emitting Diodes (LED), Compact Fluorescent (CFL), and T5/T8 fluorescent lights represent more than 75% of the light bulbs in the property.
- Comprehensive recycling program which recycles more than 75% of the waste produced on site.
- By using glass, china, linen table clothes, and napkins in guest rooms, banquet facilities and restaurants, the hotel is able to minimize paper waste.
- Our Housekeeping Department has implemented and monitors a linen and towel reuse plan. Old towels are cut into pieces and used as rags.
- We offer a paperless express check out service program.
- The hotel has a strict recycling program in place to safely dispose paints, coatings, printer cartridges, electronics, batteries and fluorescent light bulbs.
- More than 90% of our guest room bathrooms meet a low water flow rate of 1.28 gallons per flush (GPF).
- Low flow in-room showerheads (2.5 gallons per minute) were installed in February of 2011.
- Reusable room linen program is available upon guests’ request.
- Our on-site laundry facility allows us to monitor and control water usage through an internal tracking system.
Environmentally Preferred Products
- Approximately 75% of the fruit & vegetables purchased for the hotel are either USDA Certified Organic or locally produced (within 100 miles) goods.
- Approximately 50% of the meat, fish and diary purchased for the hotel are either USDA Certified Organic or locally produced (within 100 miles) goods.
- All toiletries used at the hotel are made of 100% biodegradable ingredients.
Other Earth-Friendly Measures
- Hotel donates used blankets, sheets and mattress to Father’s Joe Villages and The Crossroads Foundation
- In the meeting rooms and offices, we use 5-gallon water coolers instead of plastic bottles.
- Other departments have cut copy paper in half by “re-using” the back side of the paper.
- Double side copy whenever possible.
- We encourage employees to use coffee mugs instead of disposable cups.
The Westgate Hotel is a proud Green Partner on Trip Advisor.