A tradition of uncompromising
The Westgate Hotel has recently been honored with the following awards and recognitions:
- For the 7th year in a row, The Westgate Hotel received the American Automobile Association Four Diamond Award in 2013
- The Westgate Hotel is a San Diego A-list winner for best wedding venue and best wedding planner
The Westgate Hotel was awarded Best of San Diego by San Diego Magazine in August 2013
- The Westgate Hotel was awarded 2013 winner of Trip Advisor certificate of excellence
- The Fontainebleau Room was awarded Best Brunch - Bronze on September 2012 by the San Diego Downtown News.
- Le Fontainebleau Room was awarded best brunch in San Diego on August 2012 by Open Table Dinner's choice list.
- The Westgate Hotel was awarded 2012 winner of Trip Advisor certificate of excellence
- The Westgate Hotel was awarded 2012 best brunch in town by San Diego Magazine's editor and food critic
- The Westgate Hotel was awarded 2012 Wedding Wire Bride's Choice Award
- The Westgate Room was awarded in February 2012 Open Table's diners choice list
- The Westgate Hotel was named to the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500, the list of the 500 best resorts and hotels in the world.
- The Westgate Room was awarded “2009 Best Seafood Restaurant” - San Diego Reader’s Magazine
- The Westgate Hotel was awarded “2009 Best Brunch in San Diego” - San Diego Magazine
- The Westgate Hotel was named to the 2008 Travel + Leisure 500, the list of the 500 best resorts and hotels in the world.
- The Westgate Hotel ranked No. 1 among four star/four diamond hotels in the nation and No. 5 among four star/five star hotels - Expedia Customers Top 10 U.S. Hotels - 2006
- The Westgate was honored in the Zagat Guide - 2006 Top 100 Hotel Restaurants in America
- Southern California Restaurant Writers have given the Gold Award: Before Five Category to The Westgate's Afternoon Tea.
- The Westgate won The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences Five Star Diamond Award - 2000-07, which is bestowed to fewer than 80 hotels worldwide each year.
- Readers of Travel + Leisure Magazine named The Westgate winner of the "2002 World's Best Business Hotel" for San Diego.
- Chef Fabrice Hardel was featured at the James Beard House, New York, as part of the Best Hotel Chefs of America dinner series.