The finest guest services, dining and accommodations in the hotel industry require a dedicated team of professionals who work in a rewarding environment. In order to achieve the highest standards of excellence, The Westgate Hotel offers its employees competitive wages and benefits in a drug-free workplace.
Download an application for employment and email or fax the completed form to us at (619) 557-3778. Or, you can email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are currently hiring for:
Director of Sales and Catering
The Director of Sales and Catering is responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Managers and Sales/Catering Coordinator in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace. In addition, these responsibilities include:
- Identifying key customers and establishing goals for existing and new key accounts through the establishment of detailed action plans for each of the hotel's market segments
- Achieving budgeted room night goals and average rates set out in the yearly business sales and marketing plan for the hotel.
- Providing guidance in preparation of monthly reports, backlog, tracking of account room nights in the group, corporate volume, consortia, and leisure market segments, and guiding the development of customer action plans.
- Coordinating the hotel's participation in multiple property and company-wide campaigns.
- Must be knowledgeable about the competitive set and on top of market share statistics.
- DOSC must efficiently manage the Sales Budget.
- Candidate must be strongly involved in business community and trade organizations with a focus on securing incremental business and enhancing the position of the hotel in the group room sales market.
Position in San Diego's most luxurious hotels rated by TRAVEL AND LEISURE MAGAZINE as 'Top 500 Hotels in the World" and known for exceptional service and leading culinary expertise with one of the top ten chefs in San Diego.
Line cooks for fine dining and banquets require a broad knowledge of cooking techniques. These include: roasting, frying, sautéing, braising, grilling, oven-roasting, poaching, marinating and curing techniques. Line cooks are responsible for preparing assigned food items following the recipes and the portion control guidelines set by the Executive Chef. Line cooks will be responsible for setting up their stations and restocking items. They also will assist in organizing, sanitizing and cleaning the kitchen, storage areas and coolers.
Ideal candidate will have formal training from a professional culinary institute. Experience in classic French culinary techniques a plus.
On-call Banquet Waitstaff
Waitstaff should have banquet and catering experience and be available to work weekends.
Our Human Resources Office is located in the lower Lobby directly accross the Fitness Center. Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Westgate Hotel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to the qualified applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. We also prohibit harassment based upon these factors and to ensure that retaliation or discrimination does not occur if an employee reports a violation of federal, state or local laws. Complaints may be reported to either the General Manager, the Human Resource Manager, or a member of the Corporate Human Resources Department.
All new hires will be subject to pre-employment drug-screening.