The finest guest services, dining and accommodations in the hotel industry require a dedicated team of professionals who work in a rewarding environment. In order to achieve the highest standards of excellence, The Westgate Hotel offers its employees competitive wages and benefits in a drug-free workplace.
Download an application for employment and email or fax the completed form to us at (619) 557-3778. Or, you can email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently hiring for:
The Kitchen Supervisor by insures that the food we serve always meets or exceeds our standards of excellence at all times, especially non-peak times when the amount of food prepared is critical. While they report to the Executive Chef, it is expected that this person would take responsibility for setting the expectation for all kitchen team members to work as a team to maximize our productivity. The Kitchen Supervisor is the example of our standards at all times, whether it is cleanliness, organization, or food quality. They are also responsible for the speed and accuracy of the team. The Kitchen Supervisor must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership in order to motivate others. Qualified candidate will have 5 years fine dining experience hotel background preferable.
Overview of Responsibilities
- This is a leadership position responsible for the development and operation of their team to support one of the most critical factors in our success, food quality
- Manage our food quality standards by consistently monitoring the temperature of hot food as well as insuring that our cold food is stored according to standards
- Responsible for food safety
- Perform basic repairs as needed to the kitchen equipment or seek the help of a maintenance person who can perform repairs
- Develop and cross train all team members
- Ensure a sense of urgency from all kitchen team members at all times
- Assign daily work stations and manage breaks
- Ensure cleanliness
- Partner with Dining Room Supervisors on any special requests relevant to the growth of the business
- Manage the day-to-day operation
- Identify and solve real problems
- Enforce core values
- Hold each other accountable while creating a positive team environment
- Improve performance
Night Auditor Full -time 10.30pm-7:00am (Downtown)
San Diego's luxury hotel property seeks qualified individual to work a position as a Night Auditor
Duties for Night Auditor include:
- Greet, register, establish necessary credit for and issue keys appropriately to guests.
- Check departure folios; perform audit duties ensuring all totals are accurate and posted correctly.
- Close and reset credit card system; update no shows; run final night audit and associated reports.
- Answer telephones/PBX with proper telephone etiquette and provide morning wake-up calls.
- Communicate with other departments and coordinate guest services as needed via telephone and two-way radio.
- Complete check-out procedures, computes bills.
- Benefits-medical, dental, vision, 2 weeks paid vacation
On-call Banquet Waitstaff
Waitstaff should have banquet and catering experience and be available to work weekends. Apply
Our Human Resources Office is located in the lower Lobby directly accross the Fitness Center. Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Westgate Hotel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to the qualified applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. We also prohibit harassment based upon these factors and to ensure that retaliation or discrimination does not occur if an employee reports a violation of federal, state or local laws. Complaints may be reported to either the General Manager, the Human Resource Manager, or a member of the Corporate Human Resources Department.
All new hires will be subject to pre-employment drug-screening.