The finest guest services, dining and accommodations in the hotel industry require a dedicated team of professionals who work in a rewarding environment. In order to achieve the highest standards of excellence, The Westgate Hotel offers its employees competitive wages and benefits in a drug-free workplace.
Download an application for employment and email or fax the completed form to us at (619) 557-3778. Or, you can email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently hiring for:
- Oversees the daily event and set up requirements, along with food and beverage service in luxury property. Must have prior Hotel Banquet Management experience.
- Works directly with group contact regarding specific requirements from start to finish. Involves verifying pre-arranged start and end times of functions, audio visual equipment, signage and handling of last minute changes. Calculate and review Banquet checks ensuring accuracy. Knowledge of OPERA preferred.
- Knowledgeable of all styles of banquet service, i.e. synchronized service, etc.
- Well versed in current food and beverage trends-innovative set-ups.
- Schedules and supervises banquet staff to ensure proper execution of events with a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Attends weekly Catering and Food & Beverage meetings to review details of scheduled functions.
- Performs continual inspection of all areas under jurisdiction to ensure standards.
- Maintains inventory of banquet equipment and repair.
- Provides guidance and training to banquet staff regarding all procedures and food and beverage service as outlined in Banquet/Catering job standards.
- Maintains good working relationships with members of other departments and serves as a liaison between departments.
The Kitchen Supervisor by insures that the food we serve always meets or exceeds our standards of excellence at all times, especially non-peak times when the amount of food prepared is critical. While they report to the Executive Chef, it is expected that this person would take responsibility for setting the expectation for all kitchen team members to work as a team to maximize our productivity. The Kitchen Supervisor is the example of our standards at all times, whether it is cleanliness, organization, or food quality. They are also responsible for the speed and accuracy of the team. The Kitchen Supervisor must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership in order to motivate others.
Qualified candidate will have 5 years fine dining experience hotel background preferable.
Overview of Responsibilities
- This is a leadership position responsible for the development and operation of their team to support one of the most critical factors in our success, food quality
- Manage our food quality standards by consistently monitoring the temperature of hot food as well as insuring that our cold food is stored according to standards
- Responsible for food safety
- Perform basic repairs as needed to the kitchen equipment or seek the help of a maintenance person who can perform repairs
- Develop and cross train all team members
- Ensure a sense of urgency from all kitchen team members at all times
- Assign daily work stations and manage breaks
- Ensure cleanliness
- Partner with Dining Room Supervisors on any special requests relevant to the growth of the business
- Manage the day-to-day operation
- Identify and solve real problems
- Enforce core values
- Hold each other accountable while creating a positive team environment
- Improve performance
- Line cooks for fine dining and banquets require a broad knowledge of cooking techniques. These include: roasting, frying, sauteing, braising, grilling, oven-roasting, poaching, marinating and curing techniques. Line cooks are responsible for preparing assigned food items following the recipes and the portion control guidelines set by the Executive Chef. Line cooks will be responsible for setting up their stations and restocking items. They also will assist in organizing, sanitizing and cleaning the kitchen, storage areas and coolers.
Ideal candidate will be available 4 to 5shifts (full time)per week 12noon -8:30pm and 7am-3:30pm and have formal training from a professional culinary institute.
Experience in classic French culinary techniques a plus.
On-call Banquet Waitstaff
Waitstaff should have banquet and catering experience and be available to work weekends. Apply
Our Human Resources Office is located in the lower Lobby directly accross the Fitness Center. Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Westgate Hotel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to the qualified applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. We also prohibit harassment based upon these factors and to ensure that retaliation or discrimination does not occur if an employee reports a violation of federal, state or local laws. Complaints may be reported to either the General Manager, the Human Resource Manager, or a member of the Corporate Human Resources Department.
All new hires will be subject to pre-employment drug-screening.