|Address:||The Westgate Hotel
1055 Second Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
|Hotel Telephone:||(619) 238-1818|
|Hotel Fax:||(619) 557-3737|
|Hotel Reservations: Toll-free:||(800) 522-1564|
|Group/Catering Sales:||(800) 524-4803|
|Group/Catering Fax:||(619) 557-3604|
The Westgate offers the ease and pleasures of the world’s finest metropolitan hotels, and the best of Southern California! Located only minutes from the San Diego airport and the San Diego Convention Center, steps from the trolley/train station and readily accessible by freeway, getting here is easy. Within walking distance is the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Opera and the Symphony, Horton Plaza shops and Gaslamp Quarter. Return to the quiet of your private room and relax in luxury, then consider a visit to the Pool or Fitness Center facilities, a glass of wine in the intimate Plaza Bar, or an elegant dining experience graciously served in The Westgate Room.
The Westgate is a one-of-a-kind luxury, boutique hotel in San Diego, California, completed in 1970. It is filled with priceless antiques and appointments one would find in an elegant home.
Designed as a re-creation of an anteroom in the Palace of Versailles, the Grand Lobby is noted for its magnificent antiques, Baccarat crystal chandeliers, Flemish and French tapestries and Persian carpets.
223 Deluxe Guestrooms
- 160 King Rooms (7 are handicap accessible rooms)
- 56 Double/Doubles Rooms
- 7 Suites
A daily access fee of $20 plus applicable taxes will be added to your room account.
Access fee includes the following hotel services:
- In-room Internet
- Local telephone calls
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Nightly turndown service
- Business Lounge access
Access to AquaVie Spa and Wellness Club
- 40,000 Square feet of state-of-the-art cardio, exercise, and strength extension equipment by Technogym and Precor
- Access to the “Spa at AquaVie” offering body treatments, massage, skin care, nail care and waxing services opening February 2017 with an additional space to relax and rejuvenate(additional fees apply)
- Access to the rooftop junior Olympic size lap pool with relaxing lounge area and hot tub along with a 1/10 mile running track
- Additional amenities include in the ladies locker room with a steam room, large dry sauna and hydrotherapy circuits. In the men’s locker room a hot tub, steam room and sauna
- Three telephones per room
- Two separate telephone lines
- Data fax line
- High-speed Internet access
- Public Wi-Fi
- Turndown service
- 49-inch LED television
- DVD player
- IPod clock radio and docking station
- Plush bathrobes
- Marble bathrooms
- Oversized work desk
- 24-hour in room dining
- Wake-up call/message service
- In room personal safe (laptop size)
- Spa Services
- Fitness Center
- Concierge services
Parking and transportation to the hotel
We offer 24 hour valet parking for hotel and dining guests in front of the hotel main entrance. Overnight parking is $40 for hotel guests. Daliy parking rate is $45. For shorter visits the first hour is $12, every additional 30 minutes is $6.00. The Westgate Room and Plaza Bar validate parking for two hours at a charge of $6.00. The Fontainbleau Room validates parking for three hours during Sunday Brunch at a charge of $6.00. Afternoon tea validates parking for three hours at the rate of $6. A different rate may apply during The Westgate Hotel special events. There is no self parking available.
A taxi ride from either the San Diego International Airport or the Amtrak Train Depot to The Westgate Hotel available at reasonable rates.
Our Guest Services Department is here to assist you with your transportation needs. Please contact us at (619) 238-1818.
The Westgate Room offers contemporary all-day dining featuring a blend of Californian Cuisine and Asian fusion.
Afternoon Tea is offered in our grand lobby on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Sunday Brunch is offered in our classic Le Fontainebleau room every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Plaza Bar is open seven days a week from 4:30 p.m. until last call, featuring a weekly happy hour from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. with seven dollar appetizers and seven dollar drink specials.
The Westgate Hotel offers 11 private dining and meeting rooms. The magnificent Versailles Ballroom can accommodate a wide range of business and personal functions, large or small. A variety of decor, audio-visual capability and gourmet cuisine are available to accommodate and serve diverse client needs.
Richard Cox, General Manager
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the front of the hotel?
- Where is the Fitness Center?
- Where can I take my laundry?
- How do I get to popular attractions?
- Where are the ice machines, soda machines and/or coffee stations?
- Where can I smoke?
- Where is the nearest liquor store?
- Where can I mail a letter or package?
- Where is an ATM?
- How can I access the Internet?
- Do you allow pets in the guest rooms?
1. Where is the front of the hotel?
The main entrance is on Second Avenue. An additional access point is from the Plaza Courtyard during daylight hours. Valet parking is located in front the hotel main entrance.
2. Where is the Fitness Center?
The Fitness Center is on the pool deck on the third floor and offers treadmills, stationary bikes, aerobic equipment and hand weights. Operating hours: 5:00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Spa services are available by appointment. calling (619) 557-3663. Please call (619) 557-3663 or check with the concierge desk for arrangements.
3. Where can I take my laundry?
The Westgate offers laundry and dry cleaning services. Please place your garments in the plastic bag provided in your room with a filled out laundry request form and notify housekeeping that you have a laundry pick up. We can also press items without sequins or other elaborate ornamentation. An iron is provided in each guest room.
4. How do I get to popular attractions?
The Westgate Hotel is centrally located next to Little Italy, The Gaslamp Quarter, Horton Plaza Mall, The Civic Theatre and Civic Center. We are right on the trolley line that goes to Seaport Village, The Convention Center, Old Town, Qualcomm Stadium, Mission Valley Mall, Fashion Valley Mall and San Ysidro. For cabs, car rentals or tour programs please contact the concierge desk.
5. Where are the ice machines, soda machines and/or coffee stations?
For ice, please call room service for delivery. There are no ice machines or soda machines on any of the floors. The Westgate Gourmet Wine and Delicatessen offers a variety of soft drinks and juices. Coffee is available 24 hours through room service or at any of our restaurants (to-go service or sit down). The Westgate Gourmet Wine and Delicatessen offers espressos and lattes.
6. Where can I smoke?
California law does not permit smoking inside public areas. The Riviera Terrace, on the third floor, is a lovely place to smoke with tables, lounge chairs and fountains overlooking the cityscape. Another alternative is the ground level Plaza Courtyard, on the South side of the hotel.
7. Where is the nearest liquor store?
The Westgate Gourmet Wine and Delicatessen has an excellent selection of fine wines. The entrance is on Third Avenue.
8. Where can I mail a letter or package?
A mailbox is located in the Plaza Courtyard on street level. The U.S. Post Office is across the street in Horton Plaza.
9. Where is an ATM?
There is an ATM in the Grand Lobby.
10. How can I access the Internet?
We feature high-speed Internet connections in all guest rooms. Additionally, the Business Lounge has a computer with Internet access available for guest usage.
11. Do you allow pets in the guest rooms?
The Westgate Hotel does not allow pets in guest rooms, with the exception of Assistance Animals. Our Concierge Staff is happy to assist you in locating a suitable boarding facility near to the hotel.